new automake and autoconf

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Fri Sep 7 02:53:21 UTC 2012

On 09/07/2012 01:46 AM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was surprised to see new autoconf and automake RPMs today.
>
> + Why were these needed?

- the autoconf-rpm was suffering from a packaging bug.

- the automake-rpm is a minor upstream bug fix.
Being on the bleeing edge, shiping outdated and known to be broken tools
does not make sense.

> + Why was there no commit to crossrpms?

Because I push the changes when the rpm builts have finished.

> + What is different about these?
c.f. above.

> + Where are the patches?

There are none

> + Why was there no announcement?
Because I announce them when they are ready on all platforms.

Due to the low amount of computation powers being available on the
"RTEMS buildfarm" building takes several days.

> + How were these tested?

a) The autotools have extensive selftest testsuites

b) The functional changes these updates introduce are NULL wrt. to
autoconf and very small wrt. automake.

c) The sources are identical to upstreams.

Ralf