change log for rtems (2011-05-26)

Wed Sep 26 13:40:55 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 07:00 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> What has this change to do with SMP inter-process communications?  Why do we
> update _Thread_Time_of_last_context_switch in case
> __RTEMS_USE_TICKS_FOR_STATISTICS__ is defined?
At least I can explain this part of the change.  There were technically
two changes in that commit. They got merged into one and the comment
doesn't reflect that.

If you don't set the _Thread_Time_of_last_context_switch, then the
statistics for rate monotonic periods are not completely right. You
need to account for how long the current task has been running.

--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D.             Director of Research&   Development
     Support Available             (256) 722-9985