Implementation of some of the well developed real time scheduling for rtems

Ye Xu xy008areshsu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 21:34:21 UTC 2013

Hello all,

Having looked into some of the info and documents available online, I am
interested in implementing some of the well known scheduling algorithms in
rtems kernel, specifically, I would like to implement Fault Tolerance
Scheduling and/or Power Aware Scheduling, since these two areas are
becoming increasingly important these days. Fault tolerance techniques are
very critical for Hard Real time systems in order to improve the safety
issues, whereas power aware techniques are important for almost all
embedded system with limited powers.

Is this a right direction to get started? I looked at the scheduling
algorithms document for rtems 4.10.99:
http://rtems.org/onlinedocs/doc-current/share/rtems/html/c_user/Scheduling-Concepts-Scheduling-Algorithms.html#Scheduling-Concepts-Scheduling-Algorithms,
and found out there are already a couple of fundamental algorithms
implemented, but I haven't found any regarding fault tolerance and power
aware, so I think this might be a good idea to propose.

Thank you very much.
Ye Xu

--
Best Regards,