[GSoC2013]CAN API/driver new

jinyang.sia jinyang.sia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 00:15:40 UTC 2013

Hi, all
I received a lot of help, since I proposed my CAN driver and API for CAN stack. Thanks, you guys.

Build a CAN test environment, port a CAN driver existing to RTEMS and write a test-suites for it maybe a better choice. After that, others can test the CAN driver and also when the proted driver update our driver also update, we do not need to maintain the RTEMS CAN driver.

There are some CAN drivers for Linux and other OS, including SocketCAN, can4linux and LinCAN. After a research about those drivers, I think LinCAN better than others.

Then I plan to do the following work:
    1. Build a simulation environment for CAN driver test. Maybe use QEMU, so a can hardware simulation needed.
    2. Port LinCAN to RTEMS.
    3. Write test-suites for the ported LinCAN.

I still need some advice. Thanks.

jinyang.sia