Application Configuration GUI.

Rempel, Cynthia cynt6007 at vandals.uidaho.edu
Fri Apr 5 19:30:24 UTC 2013

Hi Shubham Somani,

Depending on what the other developers say, you can go with 3b, but it would be awesome to add that the code parses a certain chapter in the user manual to get the configuration information, so after 5 years it's not bit-rotten away.

It will have to run on Fedora, Windows, and it would be amazing if it could run on Ubuntu (and possibly even a Mac).

Would you be willing to change the GUI library from GTK+ to tkinder?  Although tkinder is very dated, from my research on the topic, it ships with Python, thus ensuring cross-platform compatibility, while GTK+ only ships with certain platforms.

My big problem with the NutOS GUI is that it doesn't run on Ubuntu -- the dependencies for the NutOS GUI require versions higher than what is packaged for Ubuntu, so avoiding this option is a  +

Thanks!
Cynthia Rempel