[GSOC] : Patches for merging different syslog.h

Vipul Nayyar nayyar_vipul at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 14 14:27:13 UTC 2013

 Hello Cynthia Rempel,

As advised by you, I tried to merge header files with same name getting installed into different places. For this task, I chose to merge two 'syslog.h' files present in libnetworking directory , as a starting point. After merging them and editing other files which required this header file, I re-compiled RTEMS successfully. I've attached two patches with this email. Please check them if they're ok and good to be applied.

To have an idea that how many duplicate header files are actually present in /opt/rtems-4.11/sparc-rtems4.11 , I wrote a shell script for that. The output of that bash script is also attached with this email.  As you can see in that text file, there are quite many duplicate header files present . Please tell me any plan or steps that I should use to merge so many files, if possible.

Also please explain the procedure to obtain committer access as written here : http://rtems.org/wiki/index.php/Git_Committers.
Thanks for your support in advance.

Regards
Vipul Nayyar