[GSOC2013] Dynamic object file loading

Peng Fan van.freenix at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:18:31 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,

I have encounter a few problems in running "rtld".
When I use sparc-rtems4.11-run to run rtld, it showes "shell: open input
/shell-init failed: No such file or directory". I look insight into the
code, and find that
there is a fs-root.tar is compiled into  "rtld". I do not know how to
resove this.

when using higher version gcc/g++(4.7.1), rtems-host compilation failed,but
lower
verison gcc/g++(4.3) is ok.

In the wiki page, it says " The RTL Host project builds the RTEMS Linker
(rtems-ld) and the RTL project builds an RTEMS application that runs on the
i386 and SPARC processors". when using "waf configure
--prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11/ --rtems-arch=sparc", it works.But when using "waf
configure --prefix=/opt/rtems-4.11/ --rtems-arch=arm",
 it shows "could not find any architectures".
Howerver, the rtl-target code includes such files
 rtl-mdreloc-arm/m68k/powerpc/i3868/nios2/sparc.c with mips missed, I do
not know
 whether these architectures all have been implemented.
Hope you can give me some advice on this and Which arch support would you
suggest me to work on? Thanks.

Regards,
Peng.