Benchmark Apps for RTEMS

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Apr 18 13:12:21 UTC 2013

I would like to see a build system approach for the benchkit that is
easily maintained and flexible, probably something Waf-based. I have
ported a few benchmarks, e.g. mibench [1], in the past but not in a
flexible way--I integrated them directly to the RTEMS build for my
ease of use. I think this benchkit can be a benefit by providing an
external (to rtems.git) repository of benchmark packages that can be
individually maintained, perhaps in a git submodule, but uniformly
compiled and executed with the same build system.

The work here is to define the "kit" framework, which is of general
interest for porting other software to RTEMS, and to apply the kit
framework to some benchmark suites. Aside from the build system, there
may be other issues to handle such as dealing with IO and
filing/fixing bugs that arise when running these benchmarks.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/rtemssparc64/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Frtems%2Frtemscvs%2Ftestsuites%2Fmibench