SOCIS 2013 - application

Marian Such toxygen1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 23:13:32 UTC 2013

Hello,
please let me introduce myself. I'm 25 year-old student from Prague, Czech Republic. I have a bachelor degree from Software Engineering and currently I'm studying master degree programme Security of Information and Telecomunication Systems. My complete CV can be found at [1].

I formally applied to participate in SOCIS 2013 (ESA Summer of Code in Space) on RTEMS project. I was advised by Joel Sherrill to discuss my application with all of you to get some feedback.

The ideas which I found most interesting on the "Open Projects" wiki page are:
• Compiling RTEMS with CLANG. (see [2])
• Packaging RTEMS tools for Mac OS X  (see [3])

My current experience with RT systems is using ChibiOS for my personal projects (UAV, rover, meteo station) and trying out RTEMS.
I use ChibiOS on ARM-Cortex M3 platform. I currently own Cortex A9 development board and A15 is on the way, so if there is any effort to port RTEMS to these platforms, I would be willing to help. However, I think it's not possible for one person to do such port in so short time, so I would work on this only if I was to be a part of a team.

Regarding the CLANG and RTEMS tools on Mac, I feel confident this is doable by one person and within the given time schedule. I own 3 macs, on which I run 10.6, 10.7 and 10.8 OS X versions for development purposes.

Some of my work can be seen at github [4].

If you found any of the ideas useful or if you have any questions, please let me know.

Best regards
Marian Such

[1] http://neptun.avc-cvut.cz/~toxygen/cv.pdf
[2] http://www.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/CLANG