[VirtLayer] Changes to the interrupt handling in POK

Philipp Eppelt philipp.eppelt at mailbox.tu-dresden.de
Sun Aug 18 18:33:35 UTC 2013

Hi,

why only talking about it and not implementing it right away? ;)

POK administers now one meta_handler per HW IRQ line. Each meta_handler
consists of a vector number and table of the size
POK_CONFIG_NB_PARTITION + 1. So the meta_handler can administer one
handler per partition and one handler for the kernel. The clock tick,
for instance, needs a kernel handler and can now be forwarded to a
partition.
The kernel handler is invoked on each interrupt before the partition
handler is called.
So there is no overruling of the POK kernel.

As far as I tested it, the partition handler runs side by side with the
kernel handler with a constant offset, as it is registered later in time.

Cheers,
Philipp