Doxygen use

Nick Withers nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 4 01:03:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 15:56 -0500, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> Hi,
> I was looking over our Doxygen GCI tasks and what we did last year,
> and it looks like we have been / are adding Doxygen headers to .c
> files. Does it make sense to have any Doxygen comments in .c files?

I do it in my projects on file-static declarations.

It doesn't work 100% for me though, as including .c files in Doxygen's
parsing sweep means that you end up having anything declared and
Doxygen-ed in a header and defined in a separate file documented twice.
Arguably that's only really a problem for non-HTML doco though, I
suppose. I don't *think* there's a nice way around that, but I'm not a
Doxygen expert! :-P
--
Nick Withers

Embedded Systems Programmer
Room 2.26, Building 57
Department of Nuclear Physics
Research School of Physics and Engineering
The Australian National University (CRICOS: 00120C)

eMail: nick.withers at anu.edu.au
Phone: +61 2 6125 2091
Mobile: +61 414 397 446