[PROJECTS] RTEMS project on ARM or kernel related.

Ritesh Harjani ritesh.harjani at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 17:57:44 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have been working on ARM Multicore architecture from around 6-7
months(still a newbie) and will be willing to contribute for ARM SMP
support on RTEMS.
Here is what I need help in:

1. I have raspberry pi + TI launchpad LM4F120 launchpad which uses ARM
cortex M4 based architecture.
here is the config for raspberry pi:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi
Can this SoC be useful for porting RTEMS onto that?

2. Anyway the main question here is,
I have time, interest  & resources. What I need is some support + guidance
from you guys to start off this project.
Can anyone of you please guide me as how should I start off this in more
detail (but be focused on the topic: SMP support for ARM). Also any link
rtems IRC server (I tried #rtems, but not much of help I got)

3. If the 2nd option is not the requirement of the community, is there any
work on Memory management or anything to kernel related?
I will be happy to take some project and start contributing.

Thanks and Regards
Ritesh