atomic support for RTEMS Uniprocessor - AVR libc atomic block API

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Feb 11 14:02:32 UTC 2013

That is interesting and could be a way to address atomic support for
some of the uniprocessors. It looks like the basic idea is the same as
I sketched, to disable/enable interrupts around the operation. As
mentioned, we do not know if this is going to be safe in all
situations, e.g. if the atomic operations are used somewhere that
interrupts cannot safely be preempted. I don't know if such a
situation is a realistic one to worry about.

-Gedare