rtems/docs Texinfo Update Report

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Tue Feb 26 15:41:42 UTC 2013

On 02/26/2013 03:41 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> Ralf is looking into a minor build issue I spotted and I hope he
> will review my autoconf/automake changes.

FWIW: Based upon a very hasty glance (without looking into details)
there are quite a few issues with the current status in git:

1. "make clean" doesn't clean up the *.html
Openly said, I dislike the new file naming scheme. Is there a way to
have a consistent naming (e.g. like the one we used to have, i.e. all
files sharing a common prefix)?

2. networking/ fails to build networking.ps with a dvips error.
I haven't yet checked, but this could be a local Fedora issue.

3. The texi2*_init[.in] handling is questionable and error-prone.
I'll likely commit a patch later this week.

4. It's once again time to investigate whether it's possible to switch
to automake's standard texi* rules and to stop using custom rules
(Formerly, texi2html prevented from RTEMS doing so).

5. It's once again time, to consider shipping prebuilt *.texi's and to
make the *.t->*.texi conversion a "packager-maintainer"'s job (This is
what the GCS demands and likely is a prerequist for 4.)

Ralf