ChangeLog change to .ChangeLog

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Feb 27 11:06:03 UTC 2013

Thomas Doerfler wrote:

> I think the name should be changed to something, that describes its
> meaning, e.g. "Changelog_pre2012" "ChangeLog_pre_git" or something similar.

My understanding is the ChangeLog info is the check in comments and
these are all in the git repo so something like 'git log
--grep="Cleanup"' searches the changes. It does not help someone who has
a released source tar file and no connection to the internet and so the
git repo. Is that a reality these days ?

What value do they offer ? Can they be deleted ?