[Patch] Removing legacy method from arm csb337

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Fri Jul 5 07:50:03 UTC 2013

On 07/04/2013 05:24 PM, Vipul Nayyar wrote:

> 1) Before submitting any patch I'll definitely compile it first. So do I need
> to bootstrap, run the configure using specific BSP name & target in cmd options
> at top of RTEMS tree and do make every time,  I change something ? Or is there
> a simpler method ?

Yes, compile it and check for warnings.  Use for example
"/path/to/rtems/sources/configure --target=arm-rtems4.11" to build all ARM BSPs.

> 2) According to the legacy method BSP_install_rtems_irq_handler, it uses the
> 'on' ( at91rm9200_emac_isr_on() in case of csb337) function only after
> calling rtems_interrupt_handler_install. And these functions require a pointer
> to a rtems_irq_connect_data type.So I should probably remove that parameter
> from the function definition right ?

Yes.

> 3) rtems_interrupt_handler_install() does not accept pointer to the
> rtems_irq_connect_data type , so it definitely does not
> use at91rm9200_emac_isr_off() & at91rm9200_emac_isr_is_on() functions. I think
> we should remove these 2 functions, because they're not being used in the any
> csb337 file.

They are unused now since the new API does not use them.  This does not mean
that they are unused for the driver.  You have to perform the on/off actions in
the right place otherwise this driver will probably no longer work.

> 4) If you say so, I'll use assert() for time being. Plus, do I need to include
> <assert.h> ? If yes, then in each file where I used assert() or it can be
> included somewhere central ?

Please include <assert.h> in every source file you need it.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de