[GSoC|RTEMS-GDB] Project status.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Jul 12 22:17:26 UTC 2013

Dhananjay Balan wrote:
> RTEMS GDB Updates
>
> A) The framework has undergone major re factoring. The code has been
> separated into following modules and this design will be followed in future,
>
> This is done mainly to reduce the clutter and to increase the
> re-usability of the code.
>
>   1) Object abstractions will go into a module of their own name or into
> a module corresponding to the parent API. (e.g CORE_ data structures are
> in the supercore module)
>   2) Pretty printers will go into $api_name_printers
>   (e.g id_printer is in supercore_printer)
>   3) Helper routines will be grouped into their own modules (ToDo as of
> current master)
>
> B) rtems object command now prints message_queue objects and I want to
> get an opinion on its implementation.
>
> If you look at the code,
> classic.message_queue creates a supercore.CORE_message_queue object, and
> each have a method to print the contents.

Nice.

> What I am intending to do is to add all the classic api objects into
> this, and then refactor again
>   - Move all the helper routine methods out of the main abstraction
>   - to have a robust inheritance in the code.

This sounds great.

> C) Testing the code.
> A testing framework can ensure that the code in this repository stays
> current as rtems moves forward. The idea is to write tests against a
> pre-defined sample code.
>
> Please go through the code at github and shoot any commends criticisms
> you have.

I have and it is looking great.

Joel's question about where to keep this code is something I need to
consider. This should not effect you or your progress but as you make
progress what it offers to RTEMS users is excellent and useful and
should be easily available.

Well done with your efforts.

Chris