Tool chain for RTEMS 4.11

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jul 16 12:11:46 UTC 2013

Hello,

before we release RTEMS 4.11 we have to agree on the tool chain versions
(Binutils, GCC, Newlib, GDB).  Currently the RTEMS developers are a bit divided
with respect to the tool chain in use.  We have the RTEMS source builder based
versions and we have the RPM based ones.

The RPM based ones use patches which can be found here:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems-crossrpms/tree/patches

The Newlib patch is quite huge and an explanation for it can be found here:

http://www.rtems.org/pipermail/rtems-devel/2013-March/002686.html

I propose the following actions:

1. Submit all RTEMS tool chain patches for review to the rtems-devel list.  The
time frame for this should be two weeks.

2. After review (after two weeks without response assume that the patch is all
right) submit the patches for upstream integration.  Patches from people
without a FSF copyright assignment are problematic here.

3. After all patches are integrated upstream select an upstream snapshot
version for the RTEMS tool chain release candidate.

4. Propagate the changes to the developers.

5. Adjust the RTEMS sources accordingly.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de