[GSOC] Help required for action to take on rtems_irq_global_settings

Vipul Nayyar nayyar_vipul at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 23 15:20:13 UTC 2013

Hello,

As part of GSOC project to remove legacy code, I'm encountering rtems_irq_global_settings data type in many powerpc BSPs. Since it's part of legacy API, it should be removed. In some cases, removing all it's components & uses in the file seems fine.

But in places where the data types part of this structure are actually being used for important stuff, how should I proceed ? You might remember that rtems_irq_global_settings encompasses an int, a rtems_irq_connect_data(which itself is a structure), a pointer to same structure, rtems_irq_number & rtems_irq_prio* .

How should I transfer/use all the values present in rtems_irq_global_settings without using any legacy data type(i.e rtems_irq_connect_data & rtems_irq_connect_data*) ?

Thanks in advance for the guidance.

Regards
Vipul Nayyar