FYI: Short term SMP fixes

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Jul 26 12:17:39 UTC 2013

Sebastian Huber wrote:

> What about xyzapi.h, xyzcore.h and xyzimpl.h?

I think xyzcore.h is ok but I do not like xyzapi.h. I feel the 'api'
part in this case is implicit. For example in user code you see would:

  #include <xyz.h>

and not:

  #include <xyzapi.h>

because it is implicit a user would only be accessing the API. The
standard C library is the same with <string.h> rather than
<stringapi.h>. The C++ std is another example.

Currently we are forced to have other names. Boost uses directories such
impl which is nice because it avoids things like 'armdmacorecore.h'
happening. I think stdc++v3 has bits or something like that.