rtems-testing with gdb option

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Sun Jul 28 18:56:24 UTC 2013

Then it should start qemu with the right arguments to so it starts in gdb server. You will need to start gdb in another window and attach with a command like target remote :1234... From memory but that should be close.

You can always check the qemu docs to get the port number but the simulator is separate from gdb so you need to test it as an external target.

Sree harsha <sreehars at buffalo.edu> wrote:

It is for pc386 to test the globaledf scheduler

-------- Original message --------
From: Joel Sherrill <Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com>
Date: 07/28/2013 2:09 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Sree Harsha Konduri <sreehars at buffalo.edu>
Cc: rtems-devel at rtems.org
Subject: Re: rtems-testing with gdb option

Depends on the simulator if that mode is supported. It is for simulators you run in a separate window from the gdb session.

Which simulator?

Sree Harsha Konduri <sreehars at buffalo.edu> wrote:

Hello,

The rtems-testing module is provided with a -G option to put the executable to run in gdb mode, but this is not the case when we run it with -G. Is there something i am missing, can someone help me on this?

Thanks,
Sree