ESA SOCIS - Fault injection tools topic

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Jul 29 14:45:43 UTC 2013

This seems like a good project. Ballista looks like it is "dead"
upstream. You'll want to scope your project to decide what / how much
of RTEMS you can reasonably instrument with fault injection. I also
wonder if it would be sensible to first start with a tool that can
support test input "fuzzing", which is related to but somewhat
different than fault injection. I think "fuzzing" is more
appropriately related to test coverage /testing, whereas fault
injection can include also non-valid inputs and faults, such as
flipping bits in code or modifying values on-the-fly.