How to avoid code duplication in my new RTEMS port

Fri Jul 26 16:30:28 UTC 2013

On 7/26/2013 4:55 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
> Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> The sharing of driver code is one of the worst things in RTEMS. The BSP
>> centric directory structure leaded to a lot of copy and paste stuff.
> I agree. This needs to be looked at post 4.11.
>
>> This libcpu directory is from my point of view a disaster. It only
>> scatters things more and the build system support is a nightmare.
> I agree 100%. The build system files in libcpu are just scary. Mapping
> out what they actually do it no easy task.
I had considered starting to move libcpu parts to libbsp/shared or specific
BSPs but we couldn't really do this before git.  And now, with the Waf
discussions, it seems wise to hold off.

I think a lot of it is actually easy to distribute out even with the
autoconf build system.  But it will be tedious independent of
the build system.