FYI: Short term SMP fixes

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Jul 28 04:46:24 UTC 2013

Sebastian Huber wrote:
> WARNING - log/mrfs_fsrdwr did not appear to complete execution

Fixed and committed.

> WARNING - log/mrfs_fstime did not appear to complete execution

This one is a little more interesting. The test is correct and the RFS
fails however it passes this ...

   f = open (file03, O_CREAT | O_WRONLY);
   close (f);
   sleep (for_a_few_seconds);
   f = open (file03, O_TRUNC | O_WRONLY);
   close (f);

RTEMS implements the truncate in the open call for the file system with
an ftruncate call. In this case the file system follows the truncate
call's requirements of not updating the mtime and ctime fields, however
open states ..

  "If O_TRUNC is set and the file did previously exist, upon
   successful completion, open() shall mark for update the last
   data modification and last file status change timestamps of
   the file."

I assume the open's requirements override the truncate's requirements
here. I will fix the RFS to follow the truncate requirements and add
this test to the test suite. I suspect the fix for this requires the
truncate op handler needing a parameter to say how to handle the time
fields.