CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_DYNAMIC_DRIVERS in conf.t

Tue Jul 30 15:13:53 UTC 2013

On 7/30/2013 10:08 AM, Shubham Somani wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we can get the maximum number of drivers using
> sizeof(ARRAY)/sizeof(ELEMENT) by default. But these are only for the
> static drivers.
>
> Should we add a new macro in conf.t for
> CONFIGURE_NUMBER_OF_DYNAMIC_DRIVERS in case the user wishes for more?

FWIW I suggested this. currently if the user wants to have
dynamically installed drivers, they have to define
CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_DRIVERS to be greater than the
number of statically configured device drivers.

This would make a logical distinction between the number
of static and dynamic drivers.

I might also be prone to obsolete CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_DRIVERS.
Add code to give the user an error with instructions.