Guidance required for PIC API

Vipul Nayyar nayyar_vipul at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 15 13:54:44 UTC 2013

Hello

As part of my GSOC Project, I'll be implementing the PIC API on simple vectored architecture as a first step. I had hoped that I would've been a bit ahead as of now, but I'm kinda stuck in the basic stuff for now. Some points which I'm having trouble figuring out is :

1) Which is the latest Programmable Interrupt Controller API that needs to be implemented, and where does it lie in the RTEMS code base ?
2) How to identify which are simple vectored architectures ?
3) Architectures like arm, i386, powerpc etc. which implement the desired PIC API, do not seem to have common code. I'm having trouble identifying which part of code is architecture dependent and which is common among different architectures.

I'm currently going through the docs, especially the BSP How to Guide, given in the docs online for previous few days, but I've failed to grasp answers to the above questions. Thanks in advance for helping and guiding me out.

Regards
Vipul Nayyar