testing new SMP scheduler

Thu Jun 13 22:02:38 UTC 2013

On 6/13/2013 4:53 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> What do you mean? I would expect that selecting this scheduler when
> SMP is not enabled will issue an error in confdefs.h, although I see
> the current logic is to fall back to the default (priority) scheduler.
configure with --enable-smp. That builds with SMP support.

But around line 632 of confdefs.h, it has

#if defined(RTEMS_SMP) && defined(CONFIGURE_SMP_APPLICATION)
   #define CONFIGURE_SCHEDULER_SIMPLE_SMP
#else
   #define CONFIGURE_SCHEDULER_PRIORITY
#endif

So even with --enable-smp, only the smptests get the SMP scheduler.
The uniprocessor tests use the known good scheduler. You have
to hack that conditional to use the other scheduler.

FWIW I know it is better to tests SMP priority schedulers against
all uniprocessor tests. But what should the uniprocessor scheduler
default default to?

The old simple scheduler passed all the uniprocessor tests. I am
asking if this one does also.

--joel