[rtems-crossrpms commit] Update to automake-1.12.6.

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Wed Mar 13 18:08:09 UTC 2013

On 03/13/2013 06:45 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Thanks for bumping this.
>
> I don't recall you mentioning why we are still using 1.12.x
> and not 1.13.x now that 1.13.1 has been out a couple of
> months. Are there technical issues holding us back?

To some extend yes, because

automake-1.13.1 is first release of a new release series (contains
incompatibilities) and is known to suffer from subtile regressions.

Some people call automake-1.13.1 a brown paper bag release and are
eagerly waiting for an automake-1.13.2 bug fix release.

To some extend no, because I haven't yet had enough time to test it [1].

FYI: RTEMS not carrying the auto*-generated files in git also shares its
guilt in testing this being tedious.

> I see from the 1.13 release announcement that some features
> were obsoleted and the minimum versions of supporting tools
> went up.
Correct, but these should not be a major issue.

Ralf

[1] I have not been able to work on RTEMS for most of the time since
Christmas, but I am trying to catch up.