Autoconf 2.69 and mingw

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Mar 21 21:01:34 UTC 2013

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 03/21/2013 02:35 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A user has complained that RTEMS fails to bootstrap using mingw on
>> account of no existing autoconf 2.69 package being available in mingw.
>
> It is available here:
> ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/mingw64/4.11/i686/rtems-4.11-autoconf/

This is cross-built and if it works it is by luck and not design. I now
always build it from source on each host platform I use.

I find it funny autoconf allows cross-compiler type options when
building itself and then its own configure script checks the build host
for the location of executables and embeds the absolute paths of them in
the cross-compiled output and does not complain.

http://sourceforge.net/p/mingw/bugs/1920/