Building and Testing a Canadian Cross-Compiler

Rempel, Cynthia cynt6007 at vandals.uidaho.edu
Sat Mar 23 18:12:43 UTC 2013

Thanks Sebastian Huber for finding that tutorial for a building a Canadian cross-compiler.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/mingw-w64/wiki/Cross%20Win32%20and%20Win64%20compiler

I found a rather out-dated tutorial for testing Canadian cross-compilers
http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/doc/crosstest-howto.html

It's possible that there might be additional testing resources in
http://git.rtems.org/rtems-testing

I found gcc/do_one rather interesting...

I am curious now, if neither minGW nor Cygwin are needed for RTEMS except for the auto-tools, would it be feasible to automatically generate daily (or weekly) snap-shots that are already boot-strapped? And if so, what else would be required to get the RTEMS tool-set working for Windows users without Cygwin or minGW?

Thanks,
Cynthia Rempel