Delete ChangeLog files Was :Re: ChangeLog change to .ChangeLog

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Mar 7 08:44:40 UTC 2013

On 03/06/2013 08:19 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:

>> >Whatever data is stored in whatever VCS is being used at a certain point in
>> >time is completely irrelevant.
>> >
> The VCS stores timestamps, authorship info, and changes much better
> than we ever could with manual ChangeLog entries.

The change set and the meta data which compose a commit in Git are also
protected by the SHA1.  So it is currently computational infeasible to change
elements of the commit without changing the hash value.

I would prefer that everyone expressing legal statements on this list quotes
also the relevant laws, judicial comments, and verdicts.  Expressions like
"legal document" are meaningless without such references.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de