Autoconf 2.69 and mingw

Peter Dufault dufault at hda.com
Fri Mar 22 22:18:06 UTC 2013

On Mar 21, 2013, at 17:01 , Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org> wrote:

> This is cross-built and if it works it is by luck and not design. I now
> always build it from source on each host platform I use.

I don't like needing to build on the host platform, since host != build != target.

I want to be able to always build everything on "build".  If you need to build on "host", and in the field you have some requirement to run tools on a mingw "host" that is old and cranky and you need to update those tools, I'd rather not need to dig up the old cranky mingw to do the build of the "host" tools.

I think it's important to build everything on "build".

Peter