RTEMS Newlib Patch

Ralf Corsepius ralf.corsepius at rtems.org
Sun Mar 24 16:32:39 UTC 2013

On 03/22/2013 04:42 PM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I test currently the GCC 4.8 release candidate.  I use the current
> Newlib HEAD for this.  Is there a way to get the parts of the current
> RTEMS Newlib patch against Newlib 1.20.0 that are not integrated in the
> current Newlib HEAD?

I will look into it, when I get around to doing it. So far other topics
have been consuming the time, I currently had available for RTEMS.

> http://git.rtems.org/rtems-crossrpms.git/tree/patches/newlib-1.20.0-rtems4.11-20121011.diff
>

> This patch has 2418216 bytes and I don't understand why it is so big.

Quite simple, it's a diff against newlib-1.20.0 having been cut around
20121011.

I.e. it comprises all diffs newlib has accumulated since newlib-1.20.0
was released (ca. 11 months before). The actual RTEMS diffs are small.

Ralf