BSP for Sterallis Launchpad LM4F120

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Wed May 1 15:25:56 UTC 2013

Great! Please go through our GSoC Getting Started [1], add yourself to
the table of student proposals [2], and start your official proposal
application in Melange [3].

For the specific project you are interested in, we need to identify
whether this is a feasible and useful project. For this we first need
to know more about the board/platform.
* What is the processor architecture and CPU family?
* Is the architecture and CPU already supported in RTEMS?
** If not, what is the effort need to port the architecture/CPU? Does
gcc support it?
* Is there a simulator that can be used to develop and test your code?
* Are there similar BSPs already that exist in RTEMS for you to derive
your BSP from?
* What peripherals and devices are available on the board for which
you will write drivers?

You may need to dig a little to find answers to some of these
questions, and ask for help if you get lost or confused. A bare BSP
with console and clock for a supported CPU is often quite simple, so
adding additional features to the project in such a case may be
necessary to have a compelling proposal.

[1] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/GSoC_Getting_Started
[2] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/RTEMSSummerOfCode#Students_Proposals
[3] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2013/rtems

-Gedare