Various memcpy implementations in tree

Wed May 8 17:15:23 UTC 2013

Hi

I was poking around and noticed that we have 4 memcpy
implementations in our tree. Is there opportunity for
clean up?

./c/src/lib/libcpu/lm32/shared/misc/memcpy.c
./c/src/lib/libcpu/nios2/shared/misc/memcpy.c
./c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/shared/src/memcpy.c
./c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/shared/startup/bsp-start-memcpy.S

The lm32 and nios2 are SIMPLE code and IMO look to
be candidates for removal.

The PowerPC one looks optimized and I wonder why it
hasn't been merged into newlib. Does this not map to
a multilib?

The ARM one is also simple code but in asm and based on
the name, I assume it is only used in start code. But why
have it