SMP06 test failure on LEON

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Nov 12 09:57:29 UTC 2013

On 2013-11-11 14:14, Daniel Hellstrom wrote:
> On 11/11/2013 11:25 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> On 2013-11-11 02:22, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>>> I think perhaps the scheduler was changed and no longer matches the assumptions
>>> of this test..
>>
>> Yes, this is the case.  I didn't look at the test and relied on the "END OF
>> TEST" messages which normally indicates a successful test completion.  I
>> removed this test now.
>
> Okay. Thanks.
>
> Generally I have had some problems verifying the test results of the tests. I
> would like to log the console output and compare it against the logs in the
> .scn files, do you know how this is done? I'm guessing that the CPU printouts
> depends on the platform, for example which CPU runs the Init task makes the
> printout be different. Do you have a trick on the PPC or is it matching the
> console logs? I guess this question is not only a SMP issue.

Unfortunately the RTEMS test suite output is not that useful currently.  A test
program should only print out "END OF TEST" if it was successful.  Most tests
do this.  Some tests (e.g. the smptests/smp06) have bugs and produce false
positives.  An open project is to convert the RTEMS test suite to use a unit
test framework with better human and machine readable output.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de