RFC: Submitting cpuset.h to newlib by itself

Thu Nov 14 15:10:34 UTC 2013

On 11/14/2013 9:06 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 2013-11-14 15:58, Jennifer Averett wrote:
>> Line 64 of the last cpuset that was sent out:
>>
>> /* Define the cpu set structure */
>> typedef struct _cpuset {
>>    cpu_set_word_t __bits[_NCPUWORDS];
>> } cpu_set_t;
>
> Ok, this is the Linux naming.  FreeBSD uses cpuset_t:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=pthread_attr_affinity_np&sektion=3&apropos=0&manpath=FreeBSD+9.2-RELEASE
>
> Maybe we should add
>
> typedef cpu_set_t cpuset_t;
>
> ?

Even if we do this, I don't think the APIs for setting
affinity attributes can co-exist for BSD and Linux.
I recall some cpuset method conflicts.

If they don't conflict, I don't particularly have a problem
with adding it in a follow up.

Can you provide links to the ones you want to try to
add?