Giving back by mentoring high schoolers in GCI

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon Oct 14 15:36:14 UTC 2013

Hello all,
This is the semi-annual call for volunteers to help with mentoring GCI
students if RTEMS gets accepted as an org again this year. Anyone with
technical skills can be a mentor, and we especially encourage GSoC
veterans and those interested in pitching in a little bit to help.
Many hands make light work.

Mostly GCI involves reading what students wrote, making sure it
adheres to the specifications we set (that are documented on a wiki
page [1]), and clicking "accept" or "try again". If there is a patch
contributed then you should also tell a committer.

If you are able and willing, please send Joel a note with your name
and expected availability during the following dates:
18 Nov 13 -- 08 Jan 14
You don't need to be there all the time to help. Even checking once a
week can lighten the burden on everyone else.

Also, if you think you have good ideas for short tasks that a high
school student can do in about 2-3 hours, please suggest them.

Thanks,
Gedare

[1] http://wiki.rtems.org/wiki/index.php/GoogleCodeInProjects