C++ static constructors and SMP

Stephen Tether tether at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Oct 18 18:07:48 UTC 2013

Hi, all. At SLAC we've just started to experiment with the ML1 SMP
version of RTEMS 4.11.0.1 on the Zynq. We're having a problem with some
statically allocated C++ objects: the constructors are not being called
before the first calls to the objects' member functions, which
eventually results in a data abort due to a null pointer. Sometimes the
constructors *are* called first, sometimes they are called too late and
sometimes they don't get called at all before the abort. How are static
constructors handled in this version of RTEMS and which source files do
I need to look at?

- Steve Tether