Bash Script to find discrepancies in BSP file organization

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Sun Sep 8 14:05:36 UTC 2013

Given the talk of reorganizing the libcpu and libbsp structure, I would personally ignore the cache definitions BUT they feel VERY wrong to be defined in a bsp. They should be more related to a CPU core.

Bsp_reset should be defined by every bsp. That is a fairly recent addition and maybe those need the infinite loop stub added. It is also possible some had reset code at the bottom of start.S. double check .. May be a script issue missing some. Otherwise, we need to address.

I am suspicious of the bspprederiverhook missings. The bsp would not compile and link if this was missing.

I also don't like the explicit heap calls in gen5200. That is wrong.

Every bsp must have bspgetworkarea. So that must be a script issue. It wouldn't link.

_BSP_put_char is just a bad name choice. We should change those.

Calling _ fatal error routines seems wrong. Probably a mistake.

And why is a bsp directly calling _Thread _Start_multitasking. That seems wrong.

_BSP... Print exception frame has to be named incorrectly.

If we ignore the cache and isr CPU dependent helpers, I would worry about bsp reset and getworkarea. The latter almost certainly is a false positive. The first could be some false positives.

But as I mentioned, some are likely indicative of naming problems and can be fixed.

Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:

You can add the script to rtems-testing.git (there is already check_bsp there i think). Check for using internal rtems functions versus defining them, e.g. by checking for a semicolon. Some of the uses you flag like the _CPU_Cache_xxx are defining those functions, which i think is ok.. Joel?

-Gedare