Locking ReadyQueue in SMP

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Sat Sep 14 16:06:35 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-14 17:51, Sree Harsha Konduri wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on the globaledf scheduler and need to lock the ready queue.
> I've implemented the locking using CPU_SMP_lock_Control data structure in
> i386.

Since we currently have only the Giant lock it is unnecessary to use
other locking mechanisms.  The introduction of fine grained locking will
be a major task.

For a G-EDF scheduler please have a look at:

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/score/include/rtems/score/schedulersmpimpl.h

http://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/cpukit/score/include/rtems/score/schedulerprioritysmp.h

If you use this framework it should be pretty easy to implement a G-EDF
scheduler.  You only have to replace the priority queue with the
red-black tree operations.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de