[GSoC] Paravirtualization Layer - test on L4Re

Cláudio Silva claudiodcsilva at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 13:46:49 UTC 2013

Hello,

Good Job Phillipp,
I always guessed that we would need to tailor a BSP for each hypervisor.
Regarding the different architectures, I think we may be able to get a
consistent cross-architecture abstraction layer with some optional minor
changes due to architecture specific optimizations (i.e. in some
architectures it may be possible to isolate privileged instructions inside
an function instead of virtualizing the complete function; this is the case
of _Context_Switch in SPARC).

Regards,
Cláudio