Possible bug at newlib/libc/rtems/sys/crt0.c sigfillset

Joel Sherrill Joel.Sherrill at OARcorp.com
Sun Apr 27 23:42:58 UTC 2014

On Apr 27, 2014 5:12 PM, Hesham Moustafa <heshamelmatary at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When I am trying to get newlib compiled while porting newlib to
> rtems/or1k, I met an error that confused me. The error happens for me
> with both: Ubuntu and Fedora. Also it arises when configuring and
> building a standalone newlib library (with configure
> --target=or1k-rtems4.11) or when building gcc with newlib (for the
> same target). By commenting that line, newlib and gcc building process
> works fine.
>
> The error is:
>
> "../../../../../../../gcc-4.8.2-or1k-rtems/newlib/libc/sys/rtems/crt0.c:74:37:
> error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token
>  RTEMS_STUB(int, sigfillset(sigset_t *set), { return -1; })"
>
> By expanding the macros with -E option, I got the following expansion
> for the corresponding function:
>
> int rtems_stub_sigfillset(sigset_t *set) { return -1; }; int
> (*(sigset_t *set) = ~(0), 0) { return -1; }
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> I searched for anyone that happened to have the same problem and I
> found this link [1] related to compiling rtems/newlib for microblaze

This is a new architecture for RTEMS+newlib combination. I recall that there is a configure script near the top of newlib and it needs an entry for thus target. Or a pattern needs adjusting to distinguish or1k*-*-* from the RTEMS variant.