[rtems commit] rtems: Account for the network semaphore.

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Apr 28 05:54:15 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-28 00:37, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 27/04/2014 10:33 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> On 04/27/2014 01:26 AM, Chris Johns wrote:
>>> Module:    rtems
>>> Branch:    master
>>> Commit:    0c5beb8ecbed56034f7a7573b28872f487d127ee
>>> Changeset:
>>> http://git.rtems.org/rtems/commit/?id=0c5beb8ecbed56034f7a7573b28872f487d127ee
>>>

>>> Author:    Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org>
>>> Date:      Sun Apr 27 09:32:20 2014 +1000
>>>
>>> rtems: Account for the network semaphore.
>>>

>> Changes like this should also update the configuration defines in the
>> tests, e.g. libtests/ftp01, etc.
>>

> Huh ? It is keyed of the --enable-network configure option.

Oh, I just realized this.  So in case you use --enable-network and have an
application which doesn't use networking, then you waste now one semaphore.

Your new network and file system defines reserve resources now automatically.
Previously you had to do this manually via the general
CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES defines.  So now some tests allocate too many
resources.  This should be fixed.

The new defines have no documentation in "doc/user/conf.t".

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de