sleep time is doubled, xilinx_zynq_zedboard

Giovanni Macciocu G.Macciocu at sron.nl
Wed Apr 30 11:18:10 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'm working with a recent rtems head (23 April 2014) and the 'xilinx_zynq_zedboard' BSP.

I have everything up and running but somehow it looks if my clock / sleep relation is wrong. If i perform an usleep(1000) it will sleep for 2000 us instead of 1000. Also the baudrate of the serial port is 57600 instead 115000.

I wonder if it has something to do with the GTC (Global Clock Time)  which is always clocked at 1/2 of the CPU frequency for an ARM Cortex A9.

Has anybody experienced similar problems or does somebody  perhaps have an idea why such an error might occur?

Best regards,

Giovanni