[rtems commit] rtems: Add task get/set scheduler

Wed Apr 16 15:31:36 UTC 2014

On 4/16/2014 3:08 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 2014-04-15 18:20, Joel Sherrill wrote:

>>> Ok, since we are close to the RTEMS 4.11 release I will add texinfo
>>> documentation to all new high-level functions.  After the RTEMS 4.11
>>> release we should definitely do something against this copy and paste
>>> nightmare.
>>>
>>> Joel, what is your opinion with respect to the future documentation
>>> infrastructure of RTEMS?
>>>
>> User Guides should not be in Doxygen.
> It is possible to write user guides with Doxygen (see @page command).

I have never seen Doxygen produced PDF which is worth consuming. Doxygen
is good  for code markup and browseable internals/programming
documentation.
I do not believe it was ever intended for use in producing printed manuals.

This discussion is not worth having without Amar or before 4.11 branches.

>> But we do have to move to something besides Texinfo for user guides.
>> Amar has ideas and proposals once we get past his current goals.
>>
>> Also some of the current documentation is out of date no matter
>> what form it is. This includes readme's, some wiki content, and
>> a couple of texinfo manuals.
>>
>> FWIW I haven't posted yet about this but the life cycle field in
>> the TCB didn't get a Doxygen comment. Noticed it teaching last week.
> Sorry, should be fixed now.
>
>> And do you get warnings in Doxygen from RTEMS? Do we have them
>> disabled? I can't believe that
>> http://www.rtems.org/onlinedocs/doxygen/doxy.log
>> doesn't show any.
>>
> Yes, there should be lots of warnings.

I didn't see any even when I built by hand.