[rtems commit] rtems: Account for the network semaphore.

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Mon Apr 28 06:11:08 UTC 2014

On 28/04/2014 3:54 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
> On 2014-04-28 00:37, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> Changes like this should also update the configuration defines in the
>>> tests, e.g. libtests/ftp01, etc.
>>>

>> Huh ? It is keyed of the --enable-network configure option.
>
> Oh, I just realized this.  So in case you use --enable-network and have
> an application which doesn't use networking, then you waste now one
> semaphore.

Yes this would seem the case. Is this more user friendly for the user to
have this happen given they enabled networking ? I could change the
patch to let a user set the value to 0 to avoid the allocation if they
do not want to enable the stack.

> Your new network and file system defines reserve resources now
> automatically. Previously you had to do this manually via the general
> CONFIGURE_MAXIMUM_SEMAPHORES defines.

This is not correct. Please take a look at the existing FIFO support.
Some do and some do not. I followed the FIFO example that is part of the
file system support in confdefs. I feel it is better to let a user
define what they use, eg 2 RFS mounts, and confdefs.h map to the
specific resources used and allocate them. How many users know the
details of the file system to know the resource allocations required ?

> So now some tests allocate too
> many resources.This should be fixed.

This is a problem with the termios semaphore allocations. I do not know
how to fix this. The bug here hid the allocation errors in other areas
which I have fixed.

> The new defines have no documentation in "doc/user/conf.t".

Ah yes I will add these.