Console driver that needs extra TIMER

Kolja Waschk kawk at ixo.de
Thu Aug 14 14:11:15 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm developing a DMA-based UART driver for Blackfin. It requires an
extra timer to trigger data processing after a transmission ended. This
increases the amount of timers required by every application that uses
it for the console.

E.g. most of the tests won't even start without modifications. So
effectively I have to fall back to a polling driver for console if I
want to run the tests unmodified, or is there any mechanism to generally
increment the amount of timers for all tests?

Thanks,
Kolja