[GSoC2014] arinc653 on rtems (using pok) patches

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Aug 19 21:50:48 UTC 2014

On 8/19/2014 4:34 PM, Janek van Oirschot wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Gedare Bloom <gedare at rtems.org> wrote:
>> If you're using git for your development, you can use 'git
>> format-patch' to convert a set of commits into a set of patches. Some
>> properly formatted git patches can make it easier to review and merge
>> your code. Some other notes follow.
> Yeah, I knew git is able to generate patches but I was worried that it
> would also take the virtualpok bsp and paravirt patches along with my
> patches.
When you rebase, you get the list of patches. format-patch will generate
a file for
each of them. Just use git send-email for the ones you want reviewed and
merged first.
When you rebase, they should magically be eliminated.

Worst case, you make a new branch from master and apply the remaining ones.
>> virtualpok_arinc653.patch:
>> * it seems the only part of this patch specific to the arinc653 code
>> is the Makefile.am and preinstall.am changes?
> It seems so, I did include some small edits and adjustments I needed
> to apply to get my RTEMS on POK enviroment running.
>
>> * The virtualizationlayercpu.h is missing. Is this supposed to come
>> from another patch already?
> Yeah, I thought it was included by one of the earlier virtualpok BSP
> patches. It's simply the virtualizationlayercpu.h located in
> $POK/examples/rtems-guest/ but can be added to my patch.
>
>> * You comment out a few lines in bspstart.c, are these things that were broken?
> Not so much broken but in my case the rtems on pok enviroment broke
> after a git pull so it got recommended to me at some point to disable
> those as I don't need them for my application.
>
>> * Is the linkcmds change required for running pok-rtems?
> For me, it was required. The old linkcmd script was causing undefined
> TLS errors while building RTEMS.
Please report this. This sounds like an independent issue which needs to
be run down.