BSP Build Failures Appeal

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Aug 25 14:57:09 UTC 2014

On 8/23/2014 10:33 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 23/08/2014 1:57 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> The build failures I reported were with the latest RSB tools
>> Please pitch in and let's resolve them.
>>
> I have a regression build that includes building all BSPs using ...
>
> $ rm -rf build rsb-report-* log_* && ../source-builder/sb-set-builder
> --prefix=$HOME/development/rtems/4.11 --log=log_all_rtems --with-rtems
> --trace --regression 4.11/rtems-all
>
> ... running on sync.rtems.org as I am also seeing failures. This should
> give me a list of error reports with the first failure on an architecture.
Apparently my build with the RSB tools didn't see all those failures. I
repeated
the same build script/configuration with tools from the head and nearly
all BSPs failed. I may have updated RTEMS between those two points in time
and the problem got worse.  This is the configure line for powerpc/psim.
All others were the same with the architecture and BSP replaced:

../rtems/configure --target=powerpc-rtems4.11 \
   --prefix=/home/joel/rtems-4.11-work/bsp-install/
--disable-multiprocessing \
  --disable-cxx --disable-rdbg --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-tests \
  --enable-networking --enable-posix --disable-itron --disable-deprecated \
  --disable-ada --enable-expada --enable-rtemsbsp=psim
>> I left a similar build going for the weekend but using the
>> head of gcc, newlib, and binutils. Hopefully the results
>> are similar.
> Given the churn GSoC patches are creating I think we are still a while
> away from a freeze before release branching 4.11.
+1 Hopefully not too long though. Most of them are more contained to BSPs,
ports, etc. than in past years where there was score work.